Lebanon Jazz Workshop 2019
Next Workshop in
30 June – 5 July, 2019 at the Mozart Chahine School of Music – Jal el Dib
– Instrumental and Vocal Masterclass
– Jazz Theory and Improvisation
– Jazz Combo
– Jazz Big Band
Instruments: Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Piano, Electric Guitar, Bass, Drum set, Violin, Vocal
Tuition = $200 which includes a t-shirt, all classes, participation on the competition, and Rosario Giuliani’s concert. (Please bring the tuition in cash to pay on first day)
Jazz Soloist Competition
• The 2019 Lebanon International Jazz Soloist Competition is open to all musicians, 35 years of age or younger as of 1 July 2019, on any musical instrument, from any country.
• All Jazz Soloist Competition Contestants must be registered, and have paid their Registration Fees by 1:30 pm, Sunday, 30 June 2019. Failure to pay the Registration Fees will disqualify the contestant.
• Deadline for uploading your Video is Sunday, 23 June 2019
1. Complete the Registration Form and click on ‘Yes, I will join the competition’
2. Read the guidelines for submitting a video
3. The Contestant will have three options in submitting a video:
a. Playing with a live rhythm section
b. Playing with a recording or rhythm track
c. Playing unaccompanied
4. Upload the Video to YouTube (you can set it to private)… Send the YouTube link together with a
copy of your Country’s ID or Passport to email@example.com
5. Having a good sound with the video is very important.
• The Semi-finalist Round –All Contestant musicians will have paid their Registration Fees by Sunday,v30 June 2019, 1:30 pm. 6 Semi-finalists will be announced that day after the 5:00 pm Lebanon Jazz Workshop Faculty Concert.
• The 6 Semi-finalists will perform with the faculty trio on Monday, 1 July, after the Lebanon Jazz Workshop Faculty Concert. 3 Finalists will be selected.
Semi-finalists will play one (1) selection of their choice, 5 minutes or less, with the Lebanon Jazz Workshop Faculty. Semi-finalist must have lead sheets for Piano, Bass and Drums (unless you play
one of these instruments), with clear form and arrangement, Intro-Head-Improvisation-Head-Ending.
No rehearsal will take place. Contestants must have music, intros and endings, clearly marked.
• Final Round!! – The final competition will be held in the Mozart Chahine Concert Hall on Thursday, 4 July before Rosario Giuliani’s Jazz Concert. After Rosario’s concert, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be announced and all 3 individuals will be invited to perform w/Rosario.
1st Prize: $600 + 2019 LJW registration fee
2nd Prize: $100 + D’Addario gift + 2019 LJW registration fee
3rd Prize: D’Addario gift + 2019 LJW registration fee
NOTE: please follow us on Facebook and Instagram, we will post any changes on our
social media sites
Neither Mozart Chahine nor Jazz Education Abroad covers any costs of the contestant’s transportation,
housing, or food for the Competition.
Receive all the information regarding our Workshops. Register in our Newsletter now!